BACKGROUND / OBJECTIVE:
Rheumatoid Patient Foundation (RPF) is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with rheumatoid diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile arthritis. Beyond the physical, mental and emotional hardship of rheumatoid disease (RD), there is also often a financial toll placed on people with RD due to the expenses of continuous care and treatment, as well as potential disability and loss of income. One of RPF’s primary goals is offering support to rheumatoid patients. One way in which we seek to do this is to offer support to students who have RD or whose parents have RD, as they pursue higher education. RPF’s scholarship program helps to support and meet the needs of these students.
To offer financial support to students whose lives have been affected by rheumatoid disease, as they advance their education.
• Two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 each
• Scholarship amount can be credited toward any college or vocational school tuition
• U.S. resident applying to a post-secondary/vocational institution or already enrolled at a college or vocational school
• Student has a confirmed diagnosis of RA or JRA, or has a parent with such a diagnosis
• Applicants will be required to submit an application form and a written paper in response to an essay question
• Previous RPF Scholarship winners are not eligible
Judging & Winner Selection:
• Essay responses will be judged by a panel of volunteers from the RPF according to established criteria listed on the scholarship application
• All eligible applications will be considered, and the two highest scoring submissions will each receive a $1,000 scholarship award
The deadline has passed for this year's scholarship program. Please check back for future opportunities.
• Kristine Malixi (West Covina, CA)
• Ariella Phillipo (Frankfort, IL)
• Mandy Jones (Montgomery, AL)
• Melissa Eller (Hickory, NC)